Early Childhood Assistant Diploma Program
The Early Childhood Assistant program offered by Universal Care Academy is designed to equip individuals with the necessary skills for a fulfilling career in the field of early childhood education. As an Early Childhood Assistant, you will work under the guidance of a Teacher, creating a secure and nurturing environment for children. Your role will focus on fostering their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development through the thoughtful design and implementation of a curriculum that aligns with established guidelines. Through this program, you will gain the knowledge and practical experience required to excel in this rewarding profession.
Ontario College Diploma
About The Program
What You Will Learn
The Early Childcare Assistant program offered by Universal Care Academy is tailored for individuals seeking a fulfilling profession in the Early Childhood Assistant field. This comprehensive training equips students with the necessary skills to create a safe and nurturing environment for children, fostering their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development. As an Early Childhood Assistant, you will work closely with experienced Teachers to design and implement a curriculum that aligns with established guidelines and is suitable for the developmental needs of the children in your care. By completing this program, you will be well-prepared for a rewarding career in the Early Childhood Assistant field.
Hybrid: In-person & Online
1. ECED1010: Foundations of Early Childhood Education
2. COMM1010: Communications
3. PSYC1030: Infant and Child Development
4. ECED1020: Observation Skills
5. ECED1030: Health Safety and Nutrition
6. ECED1040: Child, Family, and Community
7. ECED1001: Practicum I
8. SOCI1000: Introduction to Sociology
9. ECED1050: Play-Based Early Learning Strategies
10. ECED1060: Language and Literacy
11. PSYC1000: Introduction to Psychology
12. ECED1070: Guiding Children’s Behavior
13. ECED1080: Creating Inclusive Programs
14. ECED1090: Special Needs
15. ECED1002: Practicum II
Graduates of the Early Childcare Assistant program have obtained employment as:
Child Care Workers
Early Childhood Educators
Ontario Secondary School Diploma, and ENG4C or ENG4U with Transcript or
Equivalent: Foreign credentials must be translated in English and assessed for Grade 12 equivalency by a recognized organization such as WES (World Education Service), or
Mature student with a score of 18 or more on the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE).
Mature student status may be granted to applicants who are over 19 years old and do not have a high school diploma or GED.
If English is not a student’s first language, the student must provide proof of English competency. English Language Proficiency Requirements are:
- IELTS – Int’l English Language Testing Services – Minimum score of 6.0 with no subject test score lower than 5.5; or ·
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based test (IBT) – Overall 80 with the minimum in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20; or
- CAEL: Overall 60 No section below 60
Why Choose Universal Care Academy?
Practical, Accelerated Programs
Our programs are meant to provide you with the training and real-world experience required to enter the workforce in a matter of months.
Small Class Sizes
You will receive the individualized coaching and support you need thanks to our low instructor-to-student ratio.
Flexible Hybrid learning
1000 hours of in-person classes and online classes
Our teachers play a facilitative role in a collaborating classroom, guiding and encouraging your collaboration while providing necessary resources and guidance.